Established in 1913, Johnston and Bulman was the vision of local man Alfred Johnston to provide expert knowledge and supplies to the industrial mills and factories of Carlisle and the Borders. He was later joined by Edwin Bulman and together they ran the business from Blackfriars Street, and later Lonsdale Street near the city centre
As the business grew this was not an ideal location and so during the 70’s was re located into a purpose built building in Lancaster Street, providing large warehousing space, shop, office and parking. From here we have established ourselves as one of the leading suppliers of industrial fasteners and tools, with access to over 300 brands we are confident of being able to fulfil customer needs now and in the future.
Whilst our core business still remains based in Cumbria and the Borders we have increasingly moved into both the national and international export market.
Open to both trade and public, please check out our latest deals in our well stocked shop or visit us online at www.jbltools.co.uk